Responsible Conduct of Research Materials
BU Physics & Astronomy RCR Training
- Notes describing Bucknell REU RCR training 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Ethical Isssues in Physics. Resources from J. Thomsen, Eastern Michigan University that informed design of BU REU RCR training.
- American Physical Society Ethics Case Studies. Resources from the APS.
- Assigned readings:
- NSF resources on Responsible Conduct of Research
- American Physical Society Ethics Education Resources, collection of links to federal government resources, National Academy resources, other professional society resources, and resources from universities
- Ethics and the Welfare of the Physics Profession, Kate Kirby and Frances Houle, Physics Today, November 2004 (focus on ethical treatment of subordinates)
- Black and White: The Ethical Conduct of Research, Garrick E. Louis, presentation to Quality Education for Minorities Network, 2010.
- Working (and not working) on weapons, Kenneth Ford, Radiations, Spring 2005.
- Computational Science Demands a New Paradigm, Douglass E. Post and Lawrence G. Votta, Physics Today, January 2005 (responsibility to verify and validate complex code)
- Jan Hendrik Schön Scandal, Zhiping Yin
This page maintained by
Marty Ligare, firstname.lastname@example.org