Department of Physics & Astronomy,
Lewisburg, PA 17837
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Ph.D., 1990, University of
Experimental Nonlinear Dynamics (Pattern Formation, Advection-Reaction-Diffusion processes, Chaos & Turbulence)
for list of publications.
for list of grants.
Movies from research activities
Advection-Reaction-Diffusion (i.e., effects of
chaotic mixing on chemical pattern formation)
above for papers written on these subjects.
- Advection-Reaction-Diffusion processes with chaotic mixing
- Pattern formation in reacting systems and effects of chaotic mixing
on those patterns.
- Front propagation and mode-locking in a reacting system with
- Synchronization of oscillators via superdiffusive mixing.
- Active (Self-consistent) chaotic mixing
- Examining how chaotic mixing of non-passive impurities can
destablize a flow.
- Chaotic advection (mixing) of immiscible
- Passive (neutrally-buoyant) mixing in 2-D, time-periodic
- Passive mixing in 3-D, time-independent flows.
- Droplet breakup and coalescence in the presence of Lagrangian
- The effects of Lagrangian chaos on particle aggregation.
- Large-scale pattern formation in solidification
of ammonium chloride
- Chimney formation in the presence of enhanced mushy layer flows;
- Aggregation patterns of flowing crystal seeds;
- Measurements of temperature field both in liquid layer and within
- Isotropic and anisotropic branching
patterns in electrical discharges
Short video made for the Weis Center: ``What is a Miracle?''