In order that I may get to know you all better and to form teams
for each project, I would like each of
you to write an essay on yourself (Maximum of 500 words). It
must be emailed to me by 5 PM Monday August 30, 2004.
Your essay will be held strictly confidential.
Include the following:
- What advanced computer science courses have you taken? For example,
have you taken distributed systems, networks or databases?
- What is your overall Grade Point Average?
- Discuss your knowledge and experience of the programming language
Java. Discuss your comfort level in Java.
- Discuss any other programming languages or software systems you
know well, e.g., Php, Perl, MySQL, .NET or databases.
- Discuss any employment experiences which involved software
development, e.g., a summer job.
- Discuss any other employment experiences.
- Discuss your career plans, i.e., what do you want to be doing in
- Discuss what you are proud of in your life so far.
- Discuss significant aspects of your life on campus, e.g., on
varsity soccer team or active in fraternity.
- Mention any significant activities or hobbies, e.g., a NASCAR
fan, like listening to opera, like to act in plays.
- Please provide me with the project names for your first, second
and third choices and reasons for your choices.
1. RideSynergy; 2. Art Seller; 3. Prescription Drugs;
4. Title Insurance
Work Flow; 5. Amazing Magic Prize Code; 6. PDF Forms Tool
As far as the formation of the teams, I will create the teams.
However, I will allow you to name one (1)
individual that you would like to be teamed with. Also, I will
allow you to name one (1) individual you would prefer NOT to be teamed with.
I will try to satisfy these requests but no promises.