Promote student learning/mastery of challenging concepts in chemistry through web based (game) application(s). This first application would address stereochemistry (issues in the three-dimensional structure of molecules).
- Create a web-based application for learning stereochemistry,
- Application should be extendable from basic to advanced levels of content,
- Potentially, the applications should extendable to the learning of other topic areas.
- How well users (students) learn the content (Better than with other pedagogies?
- Attractiveness: Will users use the application willingly, voluntarily?
- Level of engagement: Will users find it “fun?”
- Web server
- Access to L&IT digital technology support staff
- Client time, as much as needed
- Free open software with the possibility of future paid licensing.
This project is envisioned as the first application in a series of web-based learning tools for chemistry. The tools will be used in chemistry courses at Bucknell and, if successful, shared with colleagues at other universities. Many students of chemistry could eventually be touched.
Point of Contact
Prof. Dee Casteel, Department of Chemistry