The problems for the 2014-2015 academic year were contributed by a number of sources, mostly from inside the University. Each of the problems below was submitted in response to a Request for Proposals (RFP) that circulated for more than a month. Although some of the RFP responses contain many of the details to get teams started on our formalized Engineering Design Process, not all do. Teams were responsible work with the client to investigate the problem and collect all necessary information to create a solid design.
The following proposals were completed by teams during the 2014-2015 academic year:
- Detecting People’s Workload
- Web-Based Resume Preparation System
- Campus Energy Dashboard
- Music Discovery System
These proposals were not selected by any teams. The client may still consider these problems to be open. Teams that consider these projects must get in touch with the proposal provider to determine its viability.
- Project Management Flight Simulator
- Accurate Occupancy Sensing with Kinect
- Digital Discrimination Finder
- Educational Game for Learning Stereochemistry
- Back-End for Google Glass Application
- Problem Ecosystem
- Advanced Data Store for Sensor Networks
- Datalogger for Raspberry Pis
- TinyOS Platform for Zigbit Modules