Medtrics, a Lewisburg based startup, offers an enterprise level learning management platform for academic hospitals and universities that handles various administrative and accreditation reporting needs. Medtrics is currently implemented in 15 institutions across the United States, including National Institutes of Health (NIH), Texas Tech University, and Marshfield Clinic to manage physician scheduling, performance evaluations, tracking competency standards, work hour regulations, etc.
This new project will be to build a stand-alone module that will allow Medtrics to expand beyond individual hospital data management to national accreditation data management. An accrediting organization that licenses physician training in Australia and New Zealand has expressed interest in working closely with the Medtrics team to build and pilot the platform. This module would allow this organization to collect performance data from hundreds of training programs annually,
More info on our company can be seen at: www.medtricslab.com.
Accreditation Module features are still being fully defined but will include the following:
• Central administration portal for national staff where they can create and manage institutions, users, assessment forms, committees (groups of users), manage performance standards, generate/distribute reports.
• Portals for each accredited hospital where assessment forms can be completed, performance can be compared to other similar organization, and reports from accrediting organization can be reviewed.
• Portals for trainees and supervisors where they can log their training, view their schedule etc.
• Analytic tools that allow decision makers to identify weaknesses in individual and institutional performance
• Scalable to support 1000+ institutions and 100,000+ users per instance
• Work closely with Medtrics team throughout the academic year to ensure the requirements are met
This project could have a major impact on the medical community both in the United States and aboard as this product would be the first of its kind. Based on our research most accrediting organizations use paper assessments or basic internally developed tools to collect forms. A full web-based platform for managing institutions, trainees, and performance data will allow these organizations to identify problems and improve clinical education on a large scale. Additionally, as a local business based out of Lewisburg, we also feel this project will have a significant impact on our company growth by identifying talented students who may be interested in joining our team.
The main constraints will be that the design/programming style must
– Scalable to large number of users
– Focus on user experience both on web and mobile
– Have good data structure that would allow efficient analysis of data
The downtown Incubator houses the Medtrics office, where many of us spend our time during the work week. Medtrics team will be available throughout the academic year to work with students.
The solution developed will become intellectual property of Medtrics lab LLC.
NOTE: Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) required!
Point of Contact
matt <at> medtricslab.com
Medtrics Lab LLC
Bucknell Entrepreneur’s Incubator/SBDC
416 Market Street
Lewisburg PA 17837