In addition to the specific required contents for various reports, the format of a report should always be professional. Here is some general guidelines.
- Have a proper report title;
- Indicate the relevant assignment, either as a part of the sub-title, or as a page footer or header;
- List the name of the team and each team members;
- Include the date when the report is completed;
- Use a title for major sections, e.g., Introduction, Background, Design, Analysis, Reflection, and Summary;
- Use captions for graphics, tables or other objects, number them properly;
- Cite references when appropriate, list references at the end of the report, use proper format for references, e.g., APA.