Choose a team name first.
A team contract is a set of ground rules that guide how a team should work. It should be written and signed by all team members. While the exact content varies from team to team, a team contract in general should include the following.
- How will the decisions be made in the team?
- What are the important actions for cooperation? For example, being on time, being polite, bringing snacks, among others.
- How will any conflict be resolved?
- What are the consequences, if a member violates the team contract?
- Roles of the team members:
- Facilitator: responsible for calling and facilitating team meetings; being the Scrum master
- Product owner: responsible for interfacing with the customer, prioritizing the functionalities to be built; building and maintaining product backlogs
- Resource specialist: responsible for investigating tools and resources that can help the project
- Document specialist: responsible for drafting reports, presentations, team website and others
Print and have all members sign two copies of the contract. The team keeps one copy, submit the other copy to the instructor.