CSCI 335: Web Information Retrieval
Fall 2006--Xiannong Meng
This is CSCI335: Fall 2006 Web Information Retrieval,
on-line courseware. The web pages are
constantly evolving. Please re-visit us often. If you have any
comments or suggestions, please
send mail to me. Thank you very much.
Textbook and Other Rerences
Other reference books include
- An Introduction to Information Retrieval by Christopher D.
Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan, and Hinrich Schutze, August 2006.
- Information Retrieval, by Van Rijsbergen, available on-line
- Automatic Text Processing by Gerard Salton,
- Finding Out About: A Cognitive Perspective on Search Engine
Technology and the WWW, by Richard K. Below, Cambridge University
- Internet Agents: Spiders, Wanders, Brokers, and Bots, by
Fah-Chun Cheong, New Riders Publishers, 1996.
- Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, by Jiawei Han and
Micheline Kamber, Morgan Kaufmann, 2001.
- Data Mining Methods for Knowledge Discovery, by Krzysztof Cios,
Witold Pedrycz, Roman Swiniarski, Kluwer, 1998.
- Information Storage and Retrieval, by Robert
R. Korfhage, John Wiley & Sons, 1997
Important research papers
- The Google architecture paper, Sergey Brin and Lawrence Page,
"The Anatomy of a Large-Scale
Hypertextual Web Search Engine", 7th IWWW Conference, Brisbane,
Australia, 14-18 April 1998.
- David Gibson, Jon Kleinberg, Prabhakar Raghavan Inferring Web
Communities from Link Topology, Proceedings of the 9th ACM
Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, 1998.
- Mei Kobayashi and Koichi Takeda, "Information Retrieval on the Web", ACM
Computing Surveys, 32(2), pp. 144-173, 2000.
- Raymond Kosala and Hendrik Blockeel,
"Web Mining Research: A survey", SIGKDD Explorations, July 2000,
2(1), pp. 1-15.
- Z. Wu, W. Meng, C. Yu, and Z. Li,
"Towards a highly-scalable and
effective metasearch engine", WWW10, 2001.
- Sergey Melnik, Sriram Raghavan, Beverly Yang, Hector Garcia-Monina,
"Building a distributed full-text index for the Web", WWW10, 2001.
- Soumen Chakrabarti, Byron E. Dom, David Gibson, Jon Kleinbeig,
Prabhakar Raghavan, Sridhar Rajagopalan and Andrew Tomkins,
"Mining the Link Structure of the World Wide Web", WWW10, 2001.
- R. Srikant and Y. Yang,
"Mining Web log to improve Website organization", WWW10, 2001.
- L. Finkelstein, E. Gabrilovich, Y. Matias, E. Rivlin, Z. Solan,
G. Wolfman, and E. Ruppin,
"Placing search in context: The concept revisited".
- D. Haines and W. Bruce Croft, "Relevance Feedback and Inference Networks",
Some Resource Links:
This page is created and maintained by Xiannong Meng.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org