Jackson Brigade, Inc.
Mary Sarah Jackson
Mary Sarah Jackson2 (John Jackson1 ) b. ca 1768;
m. (have not been able to
confirm the marriage date of 23 Oct. 1788, by Rev. Isaac Edwards as given by
Norman) Philip Reger b. ca 1767 Hampshire Co., (W)V, s/o Jacob and Barbara
Crites Reger; d. 16 July 1846; bur.(Red Rock (Reger) Cemetery with #2 wife,
Mary Jane Dorcas Forinash, an Indian captive, Upshur Co., WV. Reger child:
I. Elizabeth b. ca 1791; d. 16 Nov. 1849; m. 29 Mar. 1815 Harrison Co.,
(W)V(Wes) Isaac Dix b. ca 1785, s/o Stephen & Jemima Dix; d. 16 June 1859
Upshur Co., Bk:1:8:13 & Bk:6:5 (h/o Mary); age 71y7m8d; bur. Heavner
Cemetery, Buckhannon, WV. (On 18 April 1854 in Lewis County, WV, Isaac Dix, age
65, m. Mrs. Mary Bonnett by Rev. David Hall Bk:7:30).
Note: Norman gives a birth date for Elizabeth of 20 Dec. 1793. Greta
Proudfoot in her papers stated: "Elizabeth Reger (d/o Philip Reger) Dix
departed this life on November 15, 1849, in her 58th year."
Compiled by Nancy Jackson.
- Minnie McWhorter Collection-Colson Hall, WVU; Morgantown, WV.
- Greta Proudfoot Papers, Rare Book Room, WV Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, WV
- Norman, Forrest A. and Nellie. The Ancestry Of The Family Of Forrest A.
and Nellie Corley
- Cemetery Reading: Reger Cemetery of Red Rock Road off Rt. 33 Interstate
East of Lorentz, WV.
- (Wes) Wes Cochran, Marriages of variousWV Counties.
- Marriage Bonds and Marriage Records 1816-1865 Lewis County, (W)V, compiled by
Robert B. Smith for the Hackerís Creek Pioneer Descendants, Jane Lew,
New page on Mary Sarah
Jackson (May 2, 2006)
Page maintained by Dan Hyde, hyde at bucknell.edu Last update
October 17, 1997
No guarantee on the accuracy of the data found on this web site is
implied by the site owner. As with all family research, the
strive to obtain primary documents for necessary proofs. Furthermore,
must be obtained from the original submitter of information on this
publishing any information found here.
Copyright © 1997
c/o Jane Carlile Hilder
5707 Norton Rd.
Alexandria, VA 22303