ELEC 225, Fall 2002
Prof. Rich Kozick
Date Assigned: Wednesday, November 27, 2002
Date Due: Monday, December 9, 2002
In the Nilsson/Riedel text, please continue to study Chapter 9,
sections 9.1-9.9 and 9.12.
- Final Exam:
The final exam for both sections of ELEC 225 is scheduled for
Monday, December 16, at 8:00 AM
in Coleman 150 and 151.
The exam will be cumulative and it will be open-book and open-notes.
- Please solve the following problems
and submit solutions on December 9:
Chapter 9: Problems 32, 37, 43, 44, 52, 57, 72.
(Problem 9.43 was solved in class, so you do not have to submit a solution.)
- Draw a circuit with a
sinusoidal voltage source vs(t) = 1 cos( w t) (V),
a resistor (R), and a capacitor (C) in series.
Specify the output voltage vo(t) so that the circuit will
be a high-pass filter in the sinusoidal steady state as
the radian frequency w of the source is varied.
- Find the expression for the frequency response H( jw ).
- Find the expression for the magnitude of the
frequency response, |H( jw )|.
- Make a rough sketch of the amplitude gain |H( jw )|
- Find an expression for the cutoff frequency wc
as a function of R and C.
Indicate the location of wc on your sketch
in the previous item.
- Specify values for R and C that will produce a cutoff frequency
of 1000 Hz.
(Note that wc is in radians/sec, so you need to convert