ELEC 225, Fall 2002
Prof. Rich Kozick
Date Assigned: Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Date Due: Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Exam 2 will be on Monday, October 28.
The exam will be closed-book and closed-notes, and will cover the
topics from homework assignments 6 through 9.
The specific topics include the following:
- Circuit analysis with the mesh-current method
- Source transformations
- Thevenin and Norton equivalent circuits
- Maximum power transfer
- Operational amplifier circuits
- Useful circuits, such as inverting amplifier, summing amplifier, etc.
- Ideal model
- More realistic model with finite gain, finite input resistance,
and nonzero output resistance
In the Nilsson/Riedel text, please continue to study Chapter 5 on op amps.
- Please solve the following problems
and submit solutions on October 23:
Chapter 5: 24, 38, and 40.
Note in 5.40(c), the "resistance seen by the source" is the ratio
(source voltage) / (source current).
- Note that you will have four more lab sessions this semester,
on the following dates:
October 17, October 24, November 14, and November 21.
These dates are different than the dates listed on the course
Thank you, and have a great Fall Break!