Drills & Reading Quizzes
- Drills must be completed before your problem session on Friday. They are worth 2 points, and you get full credit for completing the drill.
- Reading Quizzes must be completed by 9:00 AM on the Tuesday they are due. They are worth 2 points each, and your score depends on how many out of 5 you get correct: 2 points for a 5/5 or 4/5, 1 point for 3/5 or 2/5, and 0 points for 1/5 or 0/5.
If there are ever any problems with the drills or reading quizzes, please send an email to Ben Vollmayr-Lee.
Current Reading Quiz or Drill
- No more drills or reading quizzes for the semester.
Previous Reading Quizzes and Drills
Unit 1: Classical Mechanics
- Friday, August 25 - Drill #1: One-Dimensional Kinematics
- Tuesday, August 29 - Reading Quiz #1: Vectors and 3-D Motion
- Friday, September 1 - Drill #2: Newton's 2nd Law and Motion
- Tuesday, September 5 - Reading Quiz #2: Applying Newton's Laws
- Friday, September 8 - Drill #3: Work and Kinetic Energy
- Tuesday, September 12 - Reading Quiz #3: Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy
Unit 2: Momentum, Relativity, and Oscillations
- Friday, September 22 - Drill #4: Conservation of Momentum
- Tuesday, September 26 - Reading Quiz #4: Einstein's Space and Time
- Friday, September 29 - Drill #5: Relativistic Motion and Time
- Tuesday, October 3 - Reading Quiz #5: Relativistic Energy and Momentum
- Friday, October 6 - Drill #6: Relativistic Energy and Momentum
- Friday, October 13 - Drill #7: Oscillations
Unit 3: Thermodynamics
- Tuesday, October 24 - Reading Quiz #6: Thermal Energy and Solids
- Friday, October 27 - Drill #8: Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory
- Tuesday, October 31 - Reading Quiz #7: First Law and Gas Processes
- Friday, November 3 - Drill #9: p-V Diagrams, the First Law and Entropy
- Tuesday, November 7 - Reading Quiz #8: Heat Engines, Entropy, and the Second Law