Next: Service Time and Service
Up: Queueing Models
- Queue behavior:
- how customers react to the situation of the
- Customers leave when they see the queue is too
- Customers leave after being in the queue
when they see the queue is moving too slowly.
- Customers move from one queue to another if
they think they have chosen a slow line.
- Queue discipline:
- how customers are served in the queue.
- service in random order
- shortest processing time first
- service according to priority
- round robin