Next: Face Validity
Up: Verification and Validation of
Previous: Verification of Simulation Models
- For a given program, while common sense verification is possible,
strict verification of a model is intractable, very much similar to
the proof of correctness of a program.
- Validation is a process of comparing the model and its behavior to
the real system and its behavior.
- Calibration is the iterative process of comparing the model
with real system, revising the model if necessary, comparing again, until
a model is accepted (validated).
- Three-step approach in the validation process.
The three-step approach is discussed next.
- Build a model that has high face validity.
- Validate model assumptions
- Compare the model input-output transformations to corresponding
input-output transformation for the real system.