Next: Simulation Examples
Previous: Types of Models
- Problem formulation
- Clearly state the problem.
- Setting of objectives and overall project plan
- How we
should approach the problem.
- Model conceptualization
- Establish a reasonable model.
- Data collection
- Collect the data necessary to run the
simulation (such as arrival rate, arrival process, service discipline,
service rate etc.).
- Model translation
- Conver the model into a programming
- Verify the model by checking if the program
works properly. Use common sense.
- Check if the system accurately represent the
- Experimental design
- How many runs? For how long? What kind
of input variations?
- Production runs and analysis
- Actual running the simulation,
collect and analize the output.
- Repeat the experiments if necessary.
- Document and report
- Document and report the results.