ELEC 225, Fall 2002
Prof. Rich Kozick
Date Assigned: Monday, September 23, 2002
Date Due: Monday, Sept. 30, 2002
In the Nilsson/Riedel text, continue to study all of Chapter 4.
- Exam 1 will be on
Wednesday, September 25.
The exam will be closed-book and closed-notes, and will cover the
topics from homework assignments 1 through 5.
The specific topics include the following:
- Basic quantities: voltage, current, energy, power.
- Passive sign convention for power (p = v i).
- Ideal voltage and current sources (independent and dependent,
- KCL, KVL, resistors (Ohm's law with sign convention,
- Voltage and current dividers, bridge circuits.
- Node-voltage method of circuit analysis, solution of simultaneous
On the exam,
I would expect you to solve a 2x2 set of equations completely, but
only formulate the equations with more than 3 variables.
I will be out of town from September 24 through 26, so
I have arranged for a student assistant
to be available on Tuesday,
September 24, in case you have questions about the homework.
Jon Berardino (one of the graders for this course) will be in Dana 129
from 7-9 PM to answer your questions.
- Please solve the following problems, and submit solutions
on September 30:
Chapter 4: 27, 30(a), 37, 38, and 42.
These problems all use the mesh-current method.
You should follow the
for the mesh-current method
as you solve these problems.