Next: Interval Estimate with Specified
Up: Output Analysis for Terminating
Previous: Output Analysis for Terminating
- The sample mean can be calculated as above
- The sample variance
- When the output data are of the form
for r = 1, 2, ..., R
- The sample variance is essentially a measure of error. In
statistics, we use its square root as the standard error.
- Example 12.10 on page 446 (The Able-Baker carhop problem,
continued): calculate the confidence interval for Able's utilization
and average waiting time.
- Example 12.11 on page 447: the more runs, the more accurate
the result is.