Jackson Brigade, Inc.
Cemetery Web Sites where individuals from John Jackson's line
a Grave Photos and text added by Steve Corley. Look for entries of
Col. Edward Jackson, Jonathan Jackson, Mary Payne Jackson, Mary Sophia
Meigs Jackson, Nancy Elizabeth Jackson. Also others include John Brake,
Elizabeth Weatherholt Brake, and Mary Coles Payne.
Cemeteries Important to Jackson Family
- Brake Cemetery, Hodgesville, Upshur Co., WV is
located at Hodgesville in Upshur Co., WV, on Hacker's Creek Road, on
land behind the Dale Karickhoff residence. Resting place of Jacob
Brake and Rachel Jackson Family. The land has been
strip-mined and there are no remaining headstones.
- Brake Cemetery, Buckhannon District, Upshur Co., WV South of Buckhannon on
Rt 20, turn
right on Lick Run, about 1 1/4 miles, turn right up a dirt road to the end of
the road. Walk about 300 yards. Cemetery is fenced in with a yellow rope.
- Old Brake/Jackson Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV - Warren
Jackson, brother of Stonewall,
gravesite. Located on property owned by Gay Rohr - going north out of
Buckhannon on Route 119, approx. 3 miles. Located on the rignt on the corner of
Turkey Run, high on a knoll overlooking Rt. 119.
Cemetery, Brake, Harding Co., WV located 15 miles south of
Co., WV on Southbranch Road. Larger Brake Family Cemetery of two (the
cemetery east of Southbranch Road) is located
across from old Leonard Brake house, Brake, Hardy County, WV.
- Broad Run Cemetery, Lewis Co., WV Cemetery is situated to the east of the church on Broad Run in Lightburn.
- Bush Cemetery, near Gaston, Lewis Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Fairplain Cem., Ripley, Jackson Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- French Creek Cemetery, Upshur Co., WV is located in Meade
District of Upshur County at the French Creek Presbyterian Church.
- Hampton Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV
In Buckhannon District. Take Rt. 20 South of Buckhannon 2.1
miles past the B-U Middle School at Tennerton. Turn left (east) on Upshur
County Rt. 22. At Hampton Heights (little log store), turn left. Cemetery is
adj. To the Hampton United Methodist Church, abt. 1/3 mile past the church on
Upshur County Rt. 22/1.
- Heavner Cemetery, Buckhannon, WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Horner United Methodist Church Cemetery ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- IOOF Clarksburg
Cemetery in Clarksburg, Harrison Co., WV. ***NEED DESCRIPTION***
- IOOF Fairview/Friendship Cemetery, Lewis Co. WV is located
in the northeastern
section of Lewis County, WV. To reach it from Jane Lew, take the Berlin Road
(County Route 7) approx. 2 miles. Cemetery lies on the right side of the road
in a curve, and across from the Fairview Methodist Church. It is well kept and
in excellent condition. Cemeteries of Lewis County, WV. Compiled by Matha
Byrd, HCPD Cemetery Committee
Cemetery, Clarksburg, Harrison Co., WV. On East Pike Street,
- Jackson Cemetery, near Hall, Upshur Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Jackson Cemetery, Terre Haute, Indiana ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Jackson Family Cemetery, North Plains, Oregon ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Jackson's Mill Cemetery, Jackson's Mill, WV from Weston take US Route 19 north to the
Jackson's Mill road on the left which is county Route 12. Travel about 1½
miles to a cement bridge over the West Fork River. The road now becomes County
Route 10. Stay on this road past the mill on the right. The cemetery is
directly across from the Mill property and is fenced and well maintained.
Vol. VI1 Cemeteries of Lewis County, WV. Compiled by Matha Byrd, HCPD
- Lorentz Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV is located 6 miles west of
Buckhannon, West Virginia on
Rt 33, adjacent to the Lorentz United Methodist Church. Church was est.
- Machpelah Cemetery, Weston, LEWIS CO., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Marshall Cemetery, Ritchie Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- McVaney Cemetery, Upshur Co., WV, located in Warren
District in the northeast section of
Upshur County on Hacker's Creek, County Road #1. Turn onto a dirt road between
Co. Rd 1/6 and 1/5 just below the Pleasant Valley Church. The cemetery is up a
very steep winding quarter mile driveway that would be difficult for most
vehicles to travel. The cemetery has good fencing and the grass appears to
have regular mowing. This cemetery was read in 1983 by Haroldine and Kenneth
Stalnaker in June 1983 and at a later time by Karon King and Lemoyne Wentz
- McWhorter Cemetery, Harrison Co., WV located in Harrison
Co., WV on Rt. 25 north of Jane Lew, Lewis Co., WV.
- Morrison Cemetery, Lewis County, WV is one of the oldest
in Lewis County, WV. It is
located approximately one mile west of Berlin on the Hacker's Creek road on the
farm of Paul alkire. To gain entrance to this well fenced cemetery, go through
the gate in the pasture fence on the north side of the road about 50 feet west
of the historical marker to the John Hacker Settlement. The cemetery is
directly north of the gate about 500 feet. Vol. 1 Cemeteries of Lewis
County, WV. Compiled by Matha Byrd, HCPD Cemetery Committee.
- Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Parkersburg, Wood Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Mt. Zion Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV - Peck's Run U. B. Church. From Buckhannon, WV
take Rt. 20 north to intersection of Rt. 20N and Rt. 119. Right turn onto Rt.
119. Cemetery is on left side of the road on hillside.
- Osborn Cemetery, Fairborn, OH ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Peterson Cemetery, Lewis Co., WV Was called Old Jackson
Cemetery. Jacob Jay Jackson
died at the old Jackson Farm on Stonecoal, near Weston, Lewis Co.,
(W)V where the road leads to Hilly Upland. The property in 1930 was
referred to as the old Jasper Peterson place. He is buried along
with his first wife Margaret in the old Jackson Cemetery now known as
the Peterson Cemetery.
- Philip Reger Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV - Buckhannon District,
located at Red Rock on
county Road 5/6. This cemetery is fenced and in good condition. Most stones
are old and hard to read.
- Pleasant View Cemetery, Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV located 7.1 miles from the courthouse of
Buckhannon, Upshur Co., WV, on Rt 20 North. On right side of the road on high
- Pribble Cemetery, Ritchie Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Riverview Cemetery, Parkersburg, Wood Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Rock Cave Cemetery, Upshur Co., WV located in Upshur Co., WV. on the
main road south from Buckhannon. The cemetery is just past French
Creek. The cemetery is just west of the center of town...hard to miss.
Cemetery, Zanesville, Muskingham Co., OH located near
Zanesville, in Muskingham Co., OH.
- St. Matthews Episcopal Church Cem., So. Charleston, Kanawha Co., WV ** NEEDS DESCRIPTION **
- Vandalia Cemetery, Lewis Co., WV is located on a hill
overlooking the village of
Vandalia, in southern Lewis Co, WV. The cemetery is along the Skin Creek road
in the northern part of Vandalia. Vol. II Cemeteries of Lewis
Compiled by Matha Byrd, HCPD Cemetery Committee.
- Waterloo Cemetery, Upshur Co., WV is located in Meade District in Upshur Co.
Page maintained by Dan Hyde, hyde at bucknell.edu Last update
March 11, 2007
No guarantee on the accuracy of the data found on this web site is
implied by the site owner. As with all family research, the
strive to obtain primary documents for necessary proofs. Furthermore,
must be obtained from the original submitter of information on this
publishing any information found here.
Copyright © 1999-2007
c/o Jane Carlile Hilder
5707 Norton Rd.
Alexandria, VA 22303