It has been quite some time since I’ve updated current events. Thanks to our students, we have had a pretty active summer…
- Robert Cowen is continuing his work with me on word prediction models. We have good results and are writing our first paper. The first draft should be complete by the beginning of September.
- Morgan Eckenroth has started work on the development of a virtual reality app (using Google Cardboard) that will be used by autistic children to help assess (and hopefully retrain) biases in their visual processing
- Khai Nguyen is working on a collaborative project, funded together by the College of Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Computer Science. The aim of the project is to develop a new application for aerosol researchers in Chem Eng.
- Ryan Stecher is working on a collaborative project with Dr. Aaron Mitchel in Psychology to develop and finalize a web-based series of perception tests.
- Tongyu Yang has been investigating the use of deep learning to help autism researchers better understand why autistic children have substantial interest in certain types of images