- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2001.
- M.S.E. in Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor Michigan, 1997.
- Dipl.-Ing. in Electrical Engineering, Rheinisch-Westfälische
Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany, 1995.
- Speech Signal Processing and Speech Modelling.
- Speech Coding, Synthesis, and Enhancement.
- Automatic Speech/Speaker/Language Recognition.
- Detection, Estimation, and Classification Theory.
- General Signal and Systems Theory and Time-Frequency Analysis.
"Speech Enhancement with Inventory Style Speech Resynthesis," X. Xiao, R. M. Nickel, to appear in the IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing (accepted for publication on 8/12/2009, the paper is available via IEEE Xplore Early Access).
"Fast Algorithms for Inventory Based Speech Enhancement," R. M. Nickel, T. Sugimoto, X. Xiao, in Signal Processing, Sebastian Miron (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-7619-91-6, INTECH, pp. 415-427, 2010.
"Inventory Based Speech Enhancement for Speaker Dedicated Speech Communication Systems," X. Xiao, P. Lee, R. M. Nickel, Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Taipei, Taiwan, April 2009, pp. 3877-3880.
"Automatic Speech Character Identification," R. M. Nickel, A Tutorial Article for the IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 8-29, 2006.